Berkeley River Lodge is located on the mouth of the Berkeley River, East Kimberley region of Western Australia.
The Airstrip is owned by Berkeley River Holdings Pty Ltd and prior notice is required for its use.
The following information is provided to assist pilots requiring access to the Airstrip.
Please read these instructions carefully and contact the lodge if clarification is required
GPS Coordinates for the Lodge: 14 2007S 127 4642E
AIRSTRIP FACT SHEET
KNX Airport: 102nm – Bearing of 324°m
DRW Airport: 215nm – Bearing of 237°m
Length: 1300m ( Runway Strip of 60m)
Width: 18m (marked with white ½ drums)
Holding Bay: 35m x 50m Surface:
Gravel Elevation: Sea Level
Runway Direction: 11/29
Windstock: Yes Ground
Staff: No WAC
Chart: Brunswick Bay 3108
Airstrip to Lodge: 800m
Airstrip to River Mouth: 2,500m
FEES & CHARGES
- Landing Fee: $350.00 - Applies to any aircraft landing that is not transferring Lodge Guests to the Berkeley River Lodge.
- Transfer Fee: $50.00 per person (Each Way): Applies to any transfers from the airport to the mouth of the Berkeley River or from the mouth of the Berkeley River to the airport.
- Berkeley River Lodge cannot guarantee transfers. Conﬁrmation from the Lodge Manager must be obtained prior to conﬁrming any ﬂight bookings.
- Passengers are not permitted to walk from the Airstrip to the River Mouth.
- Transfers can only be provided subject to available resources and the Berkeley River Lodge reserves the right to delay or cancel a transfer without notice.
- Payment of the fees & charges is the responsibility of the aircraft operator
- Available for day use only – stowing aircraft overnight must be pre arranged with the Lodge Manager.
- Aircraft Holding Bay is at the Eastern End of the runway
- No Fuel is available onsite
- No Lighting is available
- Not Inspected Daily
The Berkeley River Airstrip project has now been completed. The new airstrip was co-funded by the Government’s Royalties for Regions and Regional Airports Development Scheme (RADS) Grant. RADS is a State Government grant program delivered by the Department of Transport aimed at improving airport related infrastructure in regional Western Australia.
- The information contained in this Fact Sheet or on the Berkeley River Lodge website may have been subject to updating between the times that you received/downloaded it. We recommend that you check accuracy and currency of the information.
- This information has been subject to prooﬁng and veriﬁcation, but may still contain errors. If you notice any such errors please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Berkeley River Lodge may, at any time, without notice, change the products, programs or services described on the website and other forms of media. Berkeley River Lodge will not be held liable for any subsequent links to other websites or information via partner links.
- Berkeley River Lodge reserves the right to close the Airport without notice.
- Berkeley River Lodge provides an unmanned airport. Berkeley River Lodge does not accept any liability for aircraft activity. Landings & Takeoﬀs are the responsibility of the pilot.
- All aircraft activity arriving and departing the Berkeley River Lodge must comply with all relevant aviation regulations and industry best practice.